Economic Impact of Solar on Greater Tucson
Author : William Abbott Foster
University of Arizona Has received $2,590,961 in grants for solar research in FY09:
- Solar Generation $1,996,435
- Storage $491,575
- Smart Grid $102,951
Solar Installers 81 FTE Jobs
- TEP approved installers installed 2,496 Megawatts of solar in greater Tucson in 2008.
- These installers created 81 FTE jobs Approximate revenuse of $12,480,00.
- In 2008, installers expected their workforce to grow by 46%.2
Solar Manufacturers 377 FTE Jobs
- Solon has created 105 FTE jobs in Tucson
- Global Solar has created 173 FTE jobs in Tucson
- Schletter has creatged 17 FTE jobs in Tucson
- General Plasma has crated 50 FTE jobs in Tucson
- Prisim Solar Technologies has created 32 FTE job in Tucson.