AzRISE participates in a vast array of community outreach and education activities!
Some of these include:
- Pima County One-Stop Solar Visitor’s Center: AzRISE consulted with the Pima County Regional Solar Coordinator on the design and content of this solar energy visitor’s center in downtown Tucson.
- Math Science & Technology Funfest: AzRISE performed hands-on demonstrations of solar energy and solar power generation for approximately 7000 third through eigth graders from area schools, November 3-5, 2010.
- Girl Scouts of America Design and Discovery: Solar Solutions Camp: AzRISE helped develop and execute a week-long engineering program for middle school girls in solar ebnergy, June 21-25, 2010.
- American Solar Energy Society (ASES) National Conference: AzRISE sponsored an informational booth at this national convention in solar energy held in Phoenix, AZ, May 27-22, 2010.
- Earth Day at Biosphere 2: AzRISE developed a “Cost of Solar” public display board that currently resides in the Biosphere 2 solar test yard and has worked with Biosphere 2 on the early development of their solar test yard. We also had a booth at the Biosphere 2 Earth Day with public solar demos and the solar car, April 2010.
- Southern Arizona Regional Science and Engineering Fair, SARSEF: AzRISE developed the “Young Solar Innovator” award which awards 19 K-12 prizes for projects in solar energy. March 8-12, 2010.
- 21st Century Career Expo: AzRISE participated in a career expo for 9th – 11th graders with career materials and hands-on science demonstrations, January 28, 2010.
- Solar Fusion 2009 Event: AzRISE developed and presented day-long “Hands-on Solar” demonstrations for the public on the University of Arizona campus, August 28, 2009. Demonstrations included photovoltaic devices, energy storage, novel nanomaterials for solar applications and the Solar Decathlon House.